Family Life Education
Introduction to Family Life Education
Family life education is that practice of education which help in the overall development of family members. The education, personality, character, labor, occupation and behavior of a person affect him/her directly or indirectly. Our physical, mental, social and emotional aspects affect our personality. Family life education clearly shows the experience of development in different stages and activities of human development.
Family life education provides great help to make family happy and to promote family welfare. The family life education helps to know about the changes seen in or body from the early age in our life. Our parents and our family will be happy if we can follow according to the knowledge of the various changes seen in our body. The family life education also helps to face different problems likely to come in family. It is, therefore, necessary education directs us make the family happy.
Family life education is an educational programmers designed to assist young generations in their physical, social, emotional and moral development to make them able to cope with temporal changes like adolescence, puberty and aging, with an objective of living a better family life. It is an educational process which helps in developing physical, social and emotional character of the children. Right teacher or guardian are needed to convey proper family life education. It is related to development of reproductive organs, physiological changes in human body, reproductive behavior. This education makes the members of a family able to understand about the value of social life. People will learn from the family to respect, co-operate and love each other.
Importance of family life
The family life education helps the young people to solve the family problems. The most important thing of family life education is that it enables newly married couples and parents to fulfill the responsibility successfully and effectively. It also helps by acknowledging the duty to make the sentimental and behavioral character civilized and controlled. It helps to face the various problems likely to come in the family. This education helps in making the family happy prosperous. So the family life education is of great importance.
The importance of family education are given below:
- Family life education helps young people to deal with physical, emotional and social changes which takes place in the process of growing up.
- It makes them aware that they are becoming more and more sexually mature. It will guide them to from healthy sex attitudes and behavior.
- It makes them able to communicate effectively with others and make a decision about family life, relationship and members of the community.
- It enables them to establish and maintain proper relationships with the members of the family, friends and other people.
- It provides them knowledge, values and skills which are essential for adult life. Marriage, parenthood and participation are in community life.
Hence, family life education helps to live a quality life. In the context of developing countries like ours, where illiteracy and ignorance are highly prevailed, family life education can be strong weapon to prevent the possible devastation of family life.
Objective of family life education
Family life education helps in making the family life happy. Major objectives of family life education are as follows:
- To have an agreement with physical changes in body at growing age and also adjust with mental, physical and emotional changes.
- To show the relation between personality, family and social development of the individual with fertility behavior, sex education and sex organs.
- To know family life, family structure, family role and need and family system to live happy family life.
- To be aware of about the adverse effects of illegal conception at the young.
- To get knowledge of social values and beliefs regarding sexual behaviors.
- To make self- contribution to the society, nation and the world.
Things to remember
- Family life education is that practice of education which help in the overall development of family members.
- Family life education helps the young people to solve the family problems like marriage and parenthood.
- Family life education enables them to establish and maintain proper relationships with the members of the family, friends and other people.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Family Life Education
Health & Family Life Education
Importance of family
Sociology of Family
Questions and Answers
Family life education can be defined as the educational process which teaches about different aspects and modes in families affecting and determining personal as well as family matters concerned to its members.
Family life education can be defined as the education process, which provides knowledge about human reproduction, change in human psychology of young people development of human sexuality and human sexual behavior. The most important thing about family life education is that it helps newly married couple and parents to understand and perform their responsibilities effectively and successfully. It provides them with the knowledge of their duties and helps to make their emotions and conducts more practical, decent, gentle and controlled. Children are given family life education so that they will be aware of their physical, mental and emotional development. When children attain adolescence, there occur different kinds of changes in their bodies. They must have knowledge about the variation otherwise they get perplexed. Family life education helps to extricate and teaches them the suitable behavior to cope with the problems and finally the learnt education from children flows to uneducated or illiterate parents and guardians.
Family life education is an educational process which provides knowledge about human reproduction. Change in psychology of young people, development of human sexuality and human sexual behavior. The importance of family life education is given below:
- It helps the young generation to deal with physical, emotional and social changes which takes place in the process of growing up.
- It helps in establishing and maintaining healthy relationship among family members.
- It makes youth aware that they are becoming sexually more mature. It will guide them to form wholesome sex attitude and behavior.
- People gain knowledge, values and skills which are essential for adult life, marriage, parenthood, and participation in community life.
- It develops understandings and knowledge about the roles and responsibilities of family members on the basis of their designations in the family.
- It provides various types of man power for the multidimensional development of the society as well as nation.