Concept of First Aid
The first treatment given to the victim before arrival of doctor is known as First Aid. Immediate care and primary treatment is needed to the victim before taking them to hospital.
Objectives of the First Aid
The objectives of First Aid are as follows:
- To prevent the injured person's condition from getting worse.
- To take injured person to the doctor.
- To give rest and consolation.
Importance of First Aid
Some accidents are minor whereas some are serious. Minor accidents can be cured by ordinary person but serious accidents cannot be cured without help of doctors. But without first aid, the victim cannot reach searching such medical care. Therefore, it is very important aspect of preventive health.
Some of the importance's of First Aid are as follows:
- Can reduce physical and mental pain of the victim.
- Prevents the victims conditions from further deterioration.
- Saves the life of the injured person.
- Helps the physician to know previous situation of victim.
Things to remember
- The first treatment given to the victim before arrival of doctor is known as First Aid.
- First Aid prevent the injured person's condition from getting worse.
- First Aid give rest and consolation to patients.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Concept of First Aid
First Aid - Animation
First Aid Saves Lives
First Aid Show Introduction
What is First Aid?
Questions and Answers
The immediate care that is given to an injured or ill person during accidents before they are taken to the hospital or before the doctors' arrival is called first aid. Popularity of first aid is increasing day by day with the increment of facilities if we have the knowledge of first aid service we may prevent the death of casualty.
The objectives of first aid are:
- Stop worsening of injury or wound.
- To protect victims life.
- To send the patient and injured person appropriately to the doctor.
- To provide proper rest and consolation to the casualty.
A first aid is a treatment or immediate care provided to injured person before the arrival of ambulance and medical personal.
Two objectives of first aid are:
- To provide immediate support to ill person.
- To stop bleeding or injury and attempt to provide victims life.